holiday coding and virtualenvwrapper updates

In between other holiday-related activities I have had some time to
work on some personal projects a bit over the past week. The result
includes new releases of virtualenvwrapper, virtualenvwrapper.project,
and a new product called sphinxcontrib-spelling.

virtualenvwrapper updates

Version 2.6.1 of virtualenvwrapper includes a few fixes to make it
work better under Python 2.4 and correct some problems with Cygwin. It
also includes a major overhaul of the testing infrastructure to use
tox instead of the home-grown scripts I was using for testing with
multiple versions of Python. The tests now work reliably under Python
2.4 – 2.7 with bash, zsh, and ksh. And, more importantly, they run on
systems other than my laptop, so that other developers can run the
tests (and add new ones) before contributing patches.

The latest version of virtualenvwrapper.project (the extension that
adds project management to virtualenvwrapper) has had similar testing
updates made. I also added a cdproject command to return your shell to
the project home directory easily.

Spelling Checker for Sphinx

Finally, I started a new project to integrate PyEnchant with
Sphinx to make it easy to check the spelling in large
reStructuredText documents that span many files. The result,
sphinxcontrib-spelling, is in beta right now. I have some additional
features that I want to add, but it is usable in this form and ready for
feedback from users. I am working on a more extensive write-up of
creating a Sphinx extension like this, to be posted soon.