What is virtualenvwrapper
virtualenvwrapper is a set of extensions to Ian Bicking’s
virtualenv tool. The extensions include wrappers for creating and
deleting virtual environments and otherwise managing your development
workflow, making it easier to work on more than one project at a time
without introducing conflicts in their dependencies.
What’s New in 2.11
- Add -a option to mkvirtualenv to associate a
new virtualenv with an existing project directory. Contributed by
- Drops support for Python 2.4 and 2.5. The tools may still work,
but I no longer have a development environment set up for testing
them, so I do not officially support them.
- Shortcut initialization if it has run before.
- Set hook log file permissions to be group-writable. (issue 62)
- Add VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PROJECT_FILENAME variable so the
.project file used to link a virtualenv to a project can be
renamed to avoid conflicts with other tools. (issue 120)
Visit the virtualenvwrapper project page for download links and