holiday coding and virtualenvwrapper updates
In between other holiday-related activities I have had some time to work on some personal projects a bit over the past week. The result includes new releases of virtualenvwrapper, virtualenvwrapper.project, and a new product called sphinxcontrib-spelling.
Version 2.6.1 of
virtualenvwrapper includes a few fixes to make it
work better under Python 2.4 and correct some problems with Cygwin. It
also includes a major overhaul of the testing infrastructure to use tox instead of the
home-grown scripts I was using for testing with multiple versions of
Python. The tests now work reliably under Python 2.4 – 2.7 with bash,
zsh, and ksh. And, more importantly, they run on systems other than
my laptop, so that other developers can run the tests (and add new
ones) before contributing patches.
The latest version of
virtualenvwrapper.project (the extension that
adds project management to virtualenvwrapper) has had similar testing
updates made. I also added a
cdproject command to return your shell
to the project home directory easily.
Spelling Checker for Sphinx
Finally, I started a new project to integrate PyEnchant with Sphinx
to make it easy to check the spelling in large reStructuredText
documents that span many files. The result,
is in beta right now. I have some additional features that I want to
add, but it is usable in this form and ready for feedback from
users. I am working on a more extensive write-up of creating a Sphinx
extension like this, to be posted soon.